- Register for National Night Out (October 2) block party now on RPD National Night Out website or attend the “kick off” party on Tuesday, August 7 at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall.
- AUGUST 11 at GHE from 9 – 12 a.m. Volunteers needed to help staff get the classrooms & halls ready for the students’ first day of school- Tasks include drawing, cutting out & posting charts and sorting books. Much Fun!!!
- AUGUST 18 – Saturday 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. -Annual Back to School Supply Drive – Drop off your donations at front entry of GHE and stay for coffee & donuts and visit with neighbors:-)
- AUGUST 23 – Crime Watch Patrol class for volunteers – Sign up on RPD website or call 972-744-4955 for more information.
It’s that time again for the Annual Business MEETING
WHEN: Sunday, June 10, 2018
WHERE: RICHARDSON HEIGHTS RECREATION CENTER
TIME: 3:00 – 5:00 P.M. – (must be through by 5:30 p.m.
Recap of the past year, Election of Board Officers, Sharing of Ideas for the upcoming year, Visiting with neighbors and yummy Refreshments will be served.:-)
IF you would be interested in serving on the Board, please make your interest known to one of the Board Members as nominations will be taken from the floor during the meeting. These are Voluntary positions and doesn’t require very much of your time, but is vital for the success and continuation of our community neighborhood association.
PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND THIS IMPORTANT MEETING:-) You may also JOIN for the 2018-2019 year. Hope to see you there:-)
The UTD Office of Administration and the Department of Athletics cordially invite surrounding neighborhoods to enjoy a complimentary lunch and giveaways and CHEER on the COMET Women’s basketball team at 2:00 p.m. and Men’s basketball team at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 17th . If your family plans to attend, please RSVP to <email@example.com so they can plan for number of lunches to provide FREE of Charge:-) Must know by February 13th. The basketball teams are excellent and so much fun to watch.
Many THANKS to our residents for participating and sharing their beautiful lighting displays in our neighborhood this year:-) and especially for being a “collection house” for GHNA’s seventh annual food drive. The following addresses of volunteer participants’ collections for this year’s “Holiday Lights Food Drive for the Richardson Network of Community Ministries are as follows:
*1207 Waterview Dr. – ( Carano ) 124 * 1304 Wisteria Way – (Neher) 137 (Winner) *
* 914 Vinecrest Ln. (Holley) 39 * 811 Melrose Dr. – (Hawley) 124
* 916 Warren Way (Schattle) 75 * 906 Redwood Dr. (Chandler) 9
* 800 Edgefield (Nana Jennifer) 54 * 1625 Wisteria Way (Seaman) 17
* 1515 Waterview Dr. (Johnson) 31 TOTAL COLLECTED FOOD ITEMS – 610
Food items were picked up Saturday p.m. and Monday a.m. and sorted, counted & taken to the Network. The 610 food items weighed in as 570.4 lbs. We received a huge “THANK YOU” from the Network ! Also a huge Thanks to all our neighbors who came out to “vote” for the lighting displays on such wet, rainy & cold nights! Brrr!!!!
FYI: VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
If you have 3 hours a week to volunteer at the Network, they have orientation meetings on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m. and you can usually pick your own time:-) They said they could use help in the Food , Toys & Clothing Sections every day if you would wish to volunteer a little time. This is such a blessing to help to “give back” to our neighbors in our community.
GHNA wishes ALL a Healthy, Happy & Wonderful Holiday Season and a Blessed New Year!!
IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN! Greenwood Hills Neighborhood is having their annual “HOLIDAY LIGHTS Food Drive Contest” next weekend, December 15, 16, & 17th. This is the SEVENTH annual community project to collect non-perishable food items for the Richardson Network of Community Ministries . This is such a wonderful way to “give back” to our community while enjoying our neighbor’s holiday lighting displays.
Every food item will count as 1 vote, and you can vote as many times as you like. You can vote for your favorite house or houses by placing food items in the colorful collection boxes anytime from Friday, December 15 through Sunday, December 17th. A list of participants’ addresses will be posted here by Monday, December 11th.
ALL surrounding neighborhoods, not just residents of Greenwood Hills, are invited to come and vote . STUFFING the boxes is encouraged!
If you have a beautiful lighting display and would like to participate in this year’s contest to receive a Calloway;’s $25 gift card for collecting the most “votes”, please contact me ASAP at 214-663-2292 and I will add your address to our list.
Many thanks to our residents for participating and sharing their lighting displays, and to our neighbors who donated food items to this great cause. We received a big “Thank you!” from Network of Community Ministries for the 644 food items collected (the total weight was 674.8 pounds). Again, thanks to all for coming out on a cold, rainy, windy weekend to make this happen! Have a happy and healthy holiday!
The final count of food items collected is as follows:
- 1915 Deep Valley Pl (Wes Sullivan): 102
- 800 Edgefield Dr (Marahya Mora): 56
- 811 Melrose Dr (Mary & Mark Hawley): 72
- 921 Pinecrest Ln (Cathleen Ramsdale): 43
- 923 Redwood Dr (David & Sue Chang): 7
- 921 Sandalwood Dr (Michael & Pat Johnson): 10
- 740 Vinecrest Ln (Ken & Susan Usher): 29
- 914 Vinecrest Ln (Ruth & Bruce Holley): 50
- 916 Warren Way (Cindy Schattle): 60
- 815 Wateka Way (Heather Potter): 6
- 1207 Waterview Dr (Betty & Johnny Carano): 75
- 1515 Waterview Dr (Liz & Rick Johnson): 21
- 1304 Wisteria Way (Joan Neher): 76
- 1625 Wisteria Way (Tim & Melanie Seaman): 37
- Cash/Check Donations: $10.00
It’s Time to Light Up Greenwood Hills!
Friday, December 15 – Sunday, December 17
It may be hard to believe with all the warm weather we’ve been having as of late, but our SEVENTH annual neighborhood holiday lights contest and food drive is fast approaching to collect 1000 items. Are you ready to unpack those outdoor holiday decorations and get in the spirit?
All residents are welcome to participate by decorating the outside of their homes with lights and other holiday decor. A list of participating homes will be shared Monday, December 11, via our neighborhood e-newsletter, here on our website at greenwoodhillsna.com, and on Nextdoor.
You and your neighbors will be the judges. Vote for your favorite house by placing nonperishable food items in the house’s collection box any time from Friday, December 15 through Sunday, December 17. Each item collected counts as one vote. Stuffing the box is definitely allowed! Be sure to tell your neighbors, friends, and family about this fun and helpful cause.
On Monday, December 18, all donated items will be collected, sorted, and counted and delivered to the Richardson Network of Community Ministries food pantry. The winners will be announced the following weekend via our neighborhood e-newsletter, greenwoodhillsna.com, and Nextdoor. The home with the most items collected will receive a $25 gift certificate to Calloway’s Nursery.
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, contact Betty Carano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-663-2292. Interested participants should include their name, address, and phone number. You will receive a collection box to place outside your home from Friday, December 15 through Sunday, December 17. The box will be picked up on Monday, December 18th after voting is completed.
We hope you will participate by decorating your home and acting as a collection point, or by voting for your favorite home and donating food. All the best to your and yours from GHNA this holiday season!
What types of food can I donate to the holiday lights food drive?
- Canned beans
- Canned fruit
- Canned meats
- Canned pasta meals (Chef Boyardee or similar)
- Canned vegetables
- Dried beans
- Hearty soups
- “Just add water” mixes (pancake, muffin, biscuit, etc.)
- Macaroni and cheese
- Non-refrigerated cheese
- Pasta and sauce
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Powdered milk