SAVE THE DATES FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
MEMBERSHIP DRIVE FOR 2019-2020 – FREE Ice cream & cold treats for summer enjoyment!
GHNA invites your family to the Annual Ice Cream Social! RENEW your membership or JOIN for the first time:-) Get acquainted with the Board Members and meet new neighbors and visit with friends.
Please share this information with your friends & neighbors. Hope to see and meet many new people!
August 2 at GHE from 9:00 – 12:00 a.m. —-VOLUNTEERS are needed to help the staff get the classrooms ready for the first day of school! We draw, paint, cut out posters and signs, sort books and various tasks (that are found on sticky notes on the walls in the cafeteria to choose from) to prepare for the students’ arrival on their first day back to school! Much Fun!!!
RISD SCHOOLS start on August 15TH this year ! In order for STUDENTS & TEACHERS to be ready, GHNA will have the ANNUAL “BACK TO SCHOOL” SUPPLIES DRIVE on Saturday, August 10, at 9:00 a.m. – 11:00a.m. All supplies benefit Greenwood Hills Elementary! You may drop off supplies at the front door drive-through area. There will be coffee, juice and donuts for you to enjoy while visiting with the volunteers who are there to help you:-) Most stores have posted lists of supplies needed in certain grade levels, but the standard (paper, #2 pencils, ink pens of all colors, construction paper, tape, glue, etc) is always appreciated!
Sunday Family Fun Day at Woodland Park
JUNE 30, 2019
Fun was had by many neighbors who brought favorite foods and drinks to share at the park last Sunday evening . The weather was very pleasant for an outdoor picnic for this time of year! The children played on the playground equipment and played games (mostly chase n tag) while the parents visited.
FYI: Kadee & Ben Marshall organized the monthly Sunday family get-togethers at the park last Spring and it has been a great success! It is such a wonderful experience to get acquainted with our neighbors! Kudos to the Marshalls!
2019 ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING
IT’s THAT TIME AGAIN for the Annual Business Meeting 2019!
WHEN: Sunday, June 23. 2019
WHERE: HEIGHTS RECREATION CENTER
TIME: 3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
- Election of Board Officers i.e. (“Members at Large” Volunteers)
- Chairpersons needed for Beautification, Membership, Events Committees
- Recap of the past year events and Sharing of Ideas for the upcoming year,
- Tresurer’s report that includes membership income and expenses incurred,
- Refreshments of desserts & drinks will be served 🙂
If you would be interested in serving on the Board next year, please make your interest known to one of the Board Members as nominations will be taken from the floor during the meeting. These are VOLUNTARY POSITIONS and doesn’t require very much of your time, BUT is Vital for the success of our community neighborhood association.
PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND THIS IMPORTANT MEETING! YOUR INPUT IS WELCOME! You may also JOIN for the 2019-2020 year. Hope to see you there!:-)
APRIL 28 – Family Fun Day Celebrating Earth Day
It was a beautiful afternoon in Woodland Park to meet with neighbors and celebrate Earth Day! The GHNA Board helped the children learn how to plant plants and how to make bird feeders for our feathered friends:-) as you see in the following pictures:
The last Sunday of each month (weather permitting) the Greenwood Hills neighbors meet at Woodland Park from 2 – 4 p.m. They visit while watching their children play and begin new friendships with their neighbors.
This month, Sunday, May 26th, we are planning a Patriotic Parade:-) Wear red, white, and blue colors and decorate your wagons, bicycles, strollers and your pets and we will march through the park with flags flying high in remembrance of Memorial Day. Hope you come to join us and show our pride to be living in America and honoring those who have fought for our freedom. God Bless America!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR for EXCITING UPCOMING EVENTS
- Greenwood Hills Family Park Days – organized by Kadee Marshall’s Group Monthly Meet at Woodland Park on the last Sunday of each month from 2 – 4 p.m. to meet your neighbors! Bring snack and games and all neighbors are welcome! Questions? Call 214-499-1257 🙂 The first monthly meeting is Sunday, February 24, 2 – 4 p.m.
- MARCH 1 – “ Mardi Gras” Theme Family Fun & Game Night Where: Heights Recreation Center Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Bring your favorite games and snacks for a fun-filled evening! Drinks, Popcorn and Dessert will be provided by GHNA.
- MARCH 11 -15 – Spring Break
- Spring Newsletters to be delivered before April 1
- MARCH 31 – Family Park Day (2 – 4 p.m.) Woodland Park
- APRIL 16 – COR Leadership Meeting (GHNA Members are welcome to attend ) Where: City Hall Time: 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. (Must RSVP to < firstname.lastname@example.org> before April 10.)
- APRIL 22-30 – Early Voting at Richardson Civic Ctr/City Hall
- APRIL 28 – Monthly Family Park Day at Woodland Park at 2 – 4 p.m. and the GHNA board will be helping children plant flowers in pots & make birdfeeders celebrating Earth Day !
- MAY 4 – Saturday- Election Day (usually at Greenwood Hills Elem.)
- MAY 16 – Family Restaurant Night at Pizza Americana ! Let’s show our support!!
- MAY 26 – Memorial Day Weekend / Family Park Day (2-4 p.m.) Patriotic Parade???
- JUNE 23 – GHNA Annual Business Meeting – (2 – 5 p.m.) at Heights Rec Ctr.
- JUNE 30 – Family Park Day ( 2 -4 p.m.) GHNA Membership Drive to begin with Ice Cream Treats! Yeah!!!
ENTRANCES DECORATED FOR THE HOLIDAY
The 4 entrances were decorated beautifully during the windiest & coldest November last Sunday afternoon. Ms. Brenda Johnson and Kadee & Ben Marshall called on friends to volunteer for the project. Ms. Jean Stuart, Ted & Janet Thompson, Katie Velder, Chris & Hailey Despain, Chris Norcross, Grant & Mallory O’Neal, Kayla Shaffer & Grizelda Johnson and several small children got in on the action! They divided up into 4 teams with very limited supplies and completed in an amazingly short period of time! BEAUTIFUL WORK VOLUNTEERS!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR GETTING THE HOLIDAY SEASON STARTED!!!!
COR CHRISTMAS PARADE
Would you like to participate in the 46th Annual COR Christmas Parade on Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. December 1??? This year’s theme is “A Seussical” Christmas and GHNA has entered as “How the GRINCH Stole Christmas”. The GRINCH will be driving his red Chevy pickup truck with the Whoville town people trying to catch the fleeing Grinch because he is taking their tree & presents away! Boo Hoo! IF you would like to join the Whoville people, come in your jps or warmups and walk behind the Grinch’s red truck from RHS (on Cherrywood) to the JJPHS parking lot on Melrose Dr. Christmas parades are fun to attend but a lot of fun being in the parade which is about 2 city blocks on Coit Rd. (1/4 mile) They will record the parade so all can see it on TV at a later time and will give our awards at the Tree Lighting Event at Santa’s Village Opening Saturday night around 5:00 p.m. Lots of excitement for everyone!
It’s Time to Light Up Greenwood Hills!
Friday, December 14 – Sunday, December 16, 2018
It may be hard to believe with all the warm weather we’ve been having as of late, but our EIGHTH annual neighborhood “HOLIDAY LIGHTS” Food Drive Contest is fast approaching to collect canned & boxed food items to donate to the Richardson Network of Community Ministries . Are you ready to unpack those outdoor holiday decorations and get in the spirit?
All residents are welcome to participate by decorating the outside of their homes with lights and other holiday decor. A list of participating homes will be shared Monday, December 12, via our neighborhood e-newsletter, here on our website at <greenwoodhillsna.com> , and also on Nextdoor, FB and Instagram.
You and your neighbors will be the judges. Vote for your favorite “lighting display” by placing nonperishable food items in the house’s collection box any time from Friday, December 14 through Sunday, December 16. Each canned & boxed food item counts as one vote. Stuffing the box is definitely allowed! Be sure to tell your neighbors, friends, and family about this fun and helpful cause for the families in need during this holiday season.
On Monday, December 17, all donated items will be collected, sorted, and counted and delivered to the Richardson Network of Community Ministries food pantry. The winners will be announced the following weekend via our neighborhood e-newsletter, <greenwoodhillsna.com>, and Nextdoor, FB & Instagram. The home with the most items collected will receive a $25 credit to Calloway’s Nursery.
2018 “Holiday Lights” Food Drive Contest Results
Many THANKS to our nine residents for participating and sharing their lighting displays and being a “voting spot” for GHNA’s 8th annual collection of food items for the Richardson Network food pantry this year! Thanks to all our wonderful caring neighbors & friends who donated food items for this great cause! We received a big “Thank You” from the Network for the much needed donations. The final totals are as follows:
* 909 Redwood Dr. – Julie Malcom (164) WINNER
* 823 Fontana Dr. – Diane & Jack Tabor (164) WINNER
*1207 Waterview Dr. – Betty & Johnny Carano (157)
*1304 Wisteria Way – Joan Neher ( 150)
* 916 Warren Way – Cindy & Jeff Schattle (93)
* 743 Loganwood Dr. – Erica Thompson (67)
* 1915 Deep Valley Pl, – Wes Sullivan ( 57)
* 1625 Wisteria Way – Melanie & Tim Seaman (49)
* 911 Vinecrest – Sandi & Henry Morscheck (42)
The first time in eight years, there was a tie after being counted TWICE 🙂 Total items collected: 943 and weighed in at 901 lbs.
GHNA wishes ALL a Healthy, Happy & Wonderful Holiday Season and a Blessed New Year!
EVERY MONTH – (4th FRIDAY)
LADIES LUNCH BUNCH
Join the GHNA Ladies Lunch Bunch every fourth Friday of the month at various local restaurants. We go dutch! To be added to the list, send an email to email@example.com.
What kind of events would you like to see GHNA host this year?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!