Greenwood Hills Neighborhood Association (GHNA) is a voluntary, membership-based organization representing the Greenwood Hills neighborhood of Richardson, Texas. Established in 1959, Greenwood Hills has over 1500 homes and 45 streets. Greenwood Hills is bordered by Campbell Road to the north, Floyd Road to the east, Arapaho Road to the south, and Cottonwood Creek to the west. Located within Greenwood Hills are Greenwood Hills Elementary School, Woodland Park, Creekside Community Garden, Greenwood Hills Community Club, and five churches. There are also nearby businesses, restaurants, and shopping centers. Greenwood Hills is within walking distance of the University of Texas at Dallas, J. J. Pearce High School, and Richardson North Junior High School.
Our neighborhood looks much different than it did back in 1959. While many of our original residents have moved on, new residents move in daily. The trees have grown tall, our homes have undergone renovations, and many of us have changed our paint colors. Despite all these changes, one thing remains the same: the need for a stable, safe community where our families are free to run and play.
What Does GHNA Do?
- Social activities for all Greenwood Hills residents: restaurant nights and fun family events at Woodland Park
- Support for Greenwood Hills Elementary with the Annual Back-to-School Supplies Drive, the Science Fair judging, Multi-cultural dinner, Buddy Fun Day event and volunteering with the First Methodist Church group to help teachers with special projects on Tuesday mornings. Ms. Joan Neher is the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assistance to our neighborhood Crime Watch Patrol
- Beautification projects in the past have included street sign toppers, Waterview Drive median landscaping, completion of the wall & entrance signs on Campbell Rd, bridges being completed in the area and monthly Yard of the Month awards sponsored by Calloway’s .
- Communication with residents through our website, Facebook page, Nextdoor, and email updates and Fall & Spring flyers to all residents.
- Monthly social gatherings of the Ladies Lunch Bunch and Men’s Breakfast Group
- Signature annual events such as the Summer Ice Cream Membership Drive Social, “Back to School” Supply Drive, Members “Meet & Greet” social, Halloween Costume Parade on October 31st, December Holiday Lights Contest & Food Drive -(donations for the Richardson Network of Christian Ministries), and Earth Day celebration at Woodland Park in April. Restaurant gatherings during the year.